Most people enjoy decluttering because getting rid of the unwanted stuff and junk frees up a little extra space at home. Some people may just need to purge before they move to a new place. Whatever your reason for decluttering your home, this guide will help you through the process.
- Prepare: Before you start, make sure you have everything you need.
- Invest: Shop for shelves, hooks, clear stackable boxes, baskets etc. to help you make organizing easy.
- Focus: Depending on how much time you have, take on one room or even one drawer at a time. Feel good when you have completed one task instead of looking at what you still have to do.
- Start: Empty your chosen drawer or cabinet. Make three piles: one for keeping, one for giving away or selling and one for throwing out. Only keep things you know you will need or that have sentimental value. If you have not used something in the last year you probably will not use it again. Why not give it to someone who will appreciate it? You can even try selling it over the internet. As they say “One’s trash is another’s treasure”
- Space Invader: Make use of every little space you can find… Under the bed, on top of cabinets or wardrobes, behind doors etc.